There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Night Out With Rihanna: A Write Up Of Her March 18th 2013 Toronto Diamonds World Tour

Yesterday I spent the day with some friends accomplishing a goal of mine, which was to see at least one concert in my life time. If you read my blog then you'll know I have quite the soft spot for Bajan singer, Rihanna so you should've known she'd be the first concert I'd attend. You might also find some of my opinions biased since I'm very fond of her music. Anyway I'll pretty much tell you guys how the night went.

On March the 18th (Monday) me and a few friends attended Rihanna's Diamonds World Tour with opening act A$AP Rocky at the ACC. The gates opened at approximately 6:30 PM with opening act A$AP Rocky scheduled to perform at 7:45 PM.

So we get to the ACC and before being admitted into the building our bags are checked to make sure we didn't bring in any outside food or drugs (we saw a guy get kicked out for attempting to light up some weed). After we get past the guards we zip through the lobby area with all the concession stands to our seats which, were numbered on our tickets. Our lovely little group was placed on a balcony in the 300 range of seating and we weren't close to the stage like some other fortunate guest who won tickets from radio stations or could afford to pay a pretty penny for those kick ass seats. Lucky for me I've got 20/20 vision.

The lights go down around 8:00 PM and  the crowd cheers and out comes A$AP Rocky who I admit is not my ideal opening act but dammit! we paid already and we were going to watch a full show for our money's worth. He performed crowd pleasers (that I recognized and many others I didn't know) such as 'Goldie', 'Long Live A$AP', 'Fashion Killa', and finally finishing his segment with club banger, 'F*cken' Problem' . I personally thought he did a good job even though his music isn't my cup of tea.

So Rihanna was suppose to come on at 9:00 PM but the show was delayed so during the intermission the DJ played popular tracks like Kelly Rowland's 'Lay It On Me', David Guetta's 'Titanium', Will.i.am's 'Scream & Shout', Nicki Minaj's 'Hell Yeah', Drake's 'Started From The Bottom', and crowd favourite, Baauer's 'Harlem Shake' right before the lights dimmed at approximately 10:00 PM. With the room now dark and the spotlight on the stage the black drapes were lifted and there stood Rihanna in a black billowing robe as she sang 'Mother Mary' followed by 'Phresh Off The Runway'. throughout the show, Rihanna changed her outifit to match certain segments of her performance. For example her second act, which saw the Bajan belle in thigh high white boots performing her Caribbean themed tracks such as 'You Da One', 'Man Down', 'No Love Allowed', and 'What's My Name'.

She pretty much performed every song from her Unapologetic album with the exception of 'Lost In Paradise', 'Nobody's Business', 'Right Now' and 'Love Without Tragedy'. She did play a little bit of her mellow stoner track 'Get It Over With' while she changed her outfit for the next act. During her performance of "S&M" she interacted with the audience by hugging random people and taking pictures with them. She also really got the crowd to join in with her 'What Now' performance but my fave performances of the night had to be 'Cockiness', 'Cake', 'Jump', and 'Loveeeeeee Song'.

At approximately 11:50 something she finished the show off by performing the tours name sake, 'Diamonds'. All in all I was completely satisfied even though she hit the stage an hour late. I really enjoyed her performances and I thought she sang excellently. I would definitely go and see her again the next time she came to Toronto.

So If I can get my friend to send some pics from our excursion I'll post them but for now I'll post other fans videos of her performances via YouTube. The performance I'm gonna post are from her Buffalo show and her Philly show.

P.S. I really wish I met Rihanna! That would have been amazing!!!



















http://www.thegreatblacknorth.blogspot.com/

1 comment: