There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Old But Gold: Happy Birthday Aaliyah

Today is the birth date of talented r&b/pop musician Aaliyah so what better way to honor the late singer then remembering her outstanding accomplishments from the past.

Aaliyah debuted in 1994 with her first album Age Ain't Nothing But A Number, which was heavily connected to her mentor at the time, R-Kelly.

I must admit I overlooked most of her debut era and truly started to become interested in Aaliyah after her groundbreaking 1996 sophomore album One In A Million, which was mainly written and produced by my favourite artist at the time Timbaland and Missy Elliot. The trio made golden and futuristic music that stood out from the rest of the r&b pack.

Aaliyah quickly rose as my favourite vocalist after hearing her sexy slow burner, 'One In A Million'. The combination of Timbaland's amazing beat making and Aaliyah's smooth silky vocals completely blew me away and to this day continue to. Below are a list of a few of my favourite standout Aaliyah tracks from the 90's.


Aaliyah - One In A Million (1997 - One in a Million)



Aaliyah ft. Ginuwine - One In A Million (1997 - Sprung soundtrack)


Missy Elliot ft. Aaliyah - My Best Friend (1997 - Supa Dupa Fly)


Aaliyah - Hot Like Fire (Album Version) (1997 - One in a Million)


Aaliyah - Hot Like Fire (Timbaland Groove Mix) (1997 - One in a Million)*My Favourite Aaliyah song*


Aaliyah - If Your Girl Only Knew (1996 - One in a Million)



Aaliyah - 4 Page Letter (1997 - One in a Million)


Nas ft. Aaliyah - You Won't See Me Tonight (1999 - I Am...)



http://www.thegreatblacknorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment