There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Review Of 2012: WORST, Over Hyped/Over Played, and Annoying Songs of 2012


Its the nearly the end of 2012 and we survived the so-called Mayan Apocalypse and any other calamity that was to befall man-kind this year. With 2013 drawing near this leaves me wondering what next year will hold for us but before we look forward we have look back at what has already passed.

I'll be looking back and reviewing the music scene of 2012 but before I get to the BEST stuff lets get the trash out of the way to start fresh with a new year.

So allow me to present the WORST, Over-hyped/Over-played, and Annoying songs of  2012 below. Please remember this is strictly my opinion and my other contributors opinions on this blog so no what I'm saying isn't fact but just an individuals critique of the year.

20. Drake ft. Lil Wayne - The Motto




Every one I know hates this stupid song! Its so basic and annoying and the Canadian radio stations can't get enough of it.

19. Goyte ft Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know





I don't necessarily hate 'Somebody That I Used To Know' but since this was Gotye's only radio friendly song the radio insisted on playing it over and over and soon a great song became extremely ANNOYING and don't let me get started on all the terrible cover versions all over YouTube.


18. David Guetta ft. Sia - Titanium





God! How the radio made me detest this song! So overplayed and honestly I really have no clue why, since the song isn't even one of David Guetta's better tracks but whatever. I'll be happy if I don't hear this power ballad, disguised as a dance track again in 2013.


17. Fun. - Some Nights





This dated sounding mess was on heavy rotation constantly on the radio but unlike the two other previous songs on this list I actually hate this song so not only is it terrible but it was over-played as well.


16. Future - Turn On The Lights





If Future is the future of music then our future is mighty bleak. For real what the hell is this mess! He can't really sing or rap so what exactly does he do? The only redeeming quality is the beat of the song.


15. Chief Keef - Love Sosa





Not only is this song terrible but its really over-hyped. I don't even understand why music like this has a market still.


14. Trinidad James - All Gold Everything





Please! Can we deport Trinidad James back to Trinidad so that the North American music market can continue on without this junk. I seriously believe that when these artist get signed to major labels the record label's management signs artist like this with every intention of killing the music genre of hip-hop.


13. Kanye West ft. Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz - Mercy





Not only is this song super long but its extremely annoying and boring. Plus it gave birth to the ever annoying urban slang of "Swerve".


12. Cher Lloyd - Want U Back





Cher Lloyd was never anything really special but after crossing over to the North American market she got even worse. I hate this song with an undying passion! Especially her annoying constipated growls.


11. Major Lazer ft. Amber (of Dirty Projectors) - Get Free





This song is a mess! End of discussion.


10. Enrique Iglesias ft. Sammy Adams - Finally Found You





Basic as ever! Didn't Enrique already make this song or does all his crap sound like one of Pitbull's reject tracks.


09. Every Song that Pitbull and Flo-Rida came out with this year







08. Drake ft. The Weeknd - Crew Love







I hate this song and the radio made me hate it even more because they were always playing it (acting like Drake's and Justin Bieber are the only Canadian artist in the world) and the beat and just about everything in this song is so irritating.


07. Ludacris ft. Usher & David Guetta  - Rest Of My Life





Am I the only one who thinks this song sounds exactly like Usher's 'Without You' except with very minimal Ludacris verses? Ludacris is usually great but if he wants to stay great, please avoid these electronic house beats. Every verse he's ever delivered on music like this was terrible and if you don't believe me see his verse in David Guetta & Taio Cruz's song 'Bad Girl'.


06. Lil Jon ft. LMFAO - Drink





Why is this allowed to be? Where is my record deal?


05. Mariah Carey -  Triumphant (Get 'Em)





Mariah should be ashamed to even put her name on this song. This should go down as the worst comeback by any artist.


04. Nicki Minaj - Stupid Hoe





How ironic a stupid hoe proclaiming that some other girl is a stupid hoe.


03. Skylar Grey ft. Eminem - C'mon Let Me Ride





So much potential! What a shame. What happened to you Skylar? I expect this crap from Eminem but not from Skylar. I bet she thought she was so smart by making a pop satire, making fun of all the mainstream pop-tarts out right now but unlike when Pink made 'Stupid Girls' this song is terrible and was probably Skylar's sad attempt at getting attention since her music was and is generally underground.


02. Psy - Gangnam Style







I refuse to embed the youtube video for this song on my blog because I refuse to contribute to the monetizing of this garbage. This song being number in nearly every country is what is wrong with music. I remember rebuking people for liking this song when they blatantly don't know a lick of South Korean. Why are you listening to a song that you can't even uderstand? This song should have been a hit in Korea only but since he made a ridiculous dance that suburban folks liked it rocketed to the top of the charts. I really want to hear this "one hit wonder's" follow up to 'Gangnam Style'.


01. Aaliyah ft. Drake - Enough Said





'Gangnam Style' was nearly #1 worst song of the year but I'm giving that title to long deceased musician Aaliyah or should I say Drake, since Aaliyah or her direct family had no say in this songs release. The fact that Drake shamelessly used his so-called idols unreleased music to try and diss his rival (Chris Brown) and further his career is just trashy. Then the fact that the album that will house this music does not include production from Timbaland or Missy Elliot who were pinnacle parts in Aaliyah's success is even more ludicrous. Not to mention that her family doesn't want her legacy being tainted by releasing these unreleased songs as well but supposed fan, Drake and co. is going against their wishes so he can achieve some respect and money.

HONOURABLE MENTION: 

Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You 



Talk about being over-played! I liked this song at one point until the radio decided to ruin it for me.

Anyway this concludes my WORST, Over-hyped/Over-played, and Annoying tracks of 2012. So yes please do stay tuned to find out what my BEST songs and albums of 2012 are. Happy Holiday readers.


http://www.thegreatblacknorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment